Friday, September 3, 2010

I miss my mom......

Over the past few weeks, there has been a family crisis with my younger sister in Birmingham. My dad is there, and I know how overwhelmed he is. This particular crisis has been a long time coming, but....I wish with all my heart that I could be there. But you know what I really want? My mom. My mom died right before I got hurt, and it has been a recurring theme in my life since then- I don't think I realized how much I could miss her. I think of the time , the last time she came over actually, when I had the flu, and she cleaned and made me jello. I looked at her and realized how happy it made her. And it made me happy. Because we both knew on some level that we wouldn't have a lot of moments like that. And ,well. I miss my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment